Let’s face facts: I am absolutely 100% terrible at blogging. I can barely manage to blog once per week, it’s just sad. SAD. SAD!!
I lack motivation. All I have energy to do is watch YouTube and Netflix and take naps. And eat food. Oh, such a life.
How do you suggest that I get out of this blogging rut????
I started watching season 1 of “Once Upon a Time” last night on Netflix, and it’s a really good show! I’m excited to watch many more episodes of it!
I’ve made a few new recipes lately, last week I made banana bread and yesterday I made banana oatmeal muffins. I have a few other new recipes bookmarked to try soon as well!
For some reason, Fall seems to be making me have the desire to clean and organize things. Having a clean and organized house isn’t the worst thing in the world, although spending so much time cleaning does get a little bit in the way of my blogging! =P
First, a recap of how I did with my goals for September:
September Accomplishments: I tweeted each post at least twice, got more unique visitors than the month before, completed not just one, but 3 goals, from my ‘101 in 1001′ goals list, tried a new recipe (banana bread!) and got 2 new pairs of boots for Fall.
The only goal for September that I did not accomplish was my goal of blogging at least twice a week, UGH!! I only blogged 5 times total, I really need to work on this goal!
“Pumpkin Patch” photo taken by Liz West, found on flickr
My October Blog Goals:
- Post at least twice a week. *
- Have more unique visits than last month. *
- Include at least one photo in each blog post.
My Personal Goals for October:
- Cross another goal off of my ‘101 in 1001‘ list.
- Do some type of at-home workout once a week.
On My To-Do List:
- Organize my Pinterest boards.
- Spend some time doing crafty things!
Do you make yourself monthly goals like this? I’d love to know what some of your goals are!
- Swagbucks added a new feature where you can earn 3 SBs every 30 minutes just for listening to the radio! Score!
- My son is back in school; I have so much time! I still get nothing accomplished but whatever!
- New clothes! New shoes!
- I finally signed up for Netflix!
- Orange is the New Black (unfavorite? I finished watching both seasons! boo!)
- I completed 3 goals from my 101 in 1001 list! woo!
- Burning candles! I need to get some new ones!
- We’ve had some beautiful weather these past couple of weeks, it has been so amazing!
- I got an early invite to start using Spotify in CANADA (how lame is it, that Spotify was non-existent in Canada up until this point? Seriously!)
Google hangouts app on my phone got a new voIP calling feature added that would mean I could use it to make free calls to the USA and Canada which would be AMAZING… only when I tried to use it to make a call to my Mom, I could hear her but she definitely could not hear a word I was saying from my end. FAIL. I’ll try it again at some point in the future, I would love if that feature worked out even better than using Skype!
What were some of your favorite things this past month?
One of my “101 in 1001″ goals is to make a list of my 50 favorite movies, so I thought I’d post that list here on the blog for all to see! These movies are in no particular order, by the way!
- The Heat
- Ace Ventura (series…. I’m a cheater, I know!)
- Little Mermaid
- The Lion King
- Fight Club
- We’re the Millers
- P.S. I Love You
- The Time Traveler’s Wife
- Finding Nemo
- August Rush
- The Silver Linings Playbook
- (500) Days of Summer
- Beauty and the Beast
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the series of 3 movies from the 90’s yo!)
- Mean Girls
- Now & Then
- A Cinderella Story
- Talledega Nights
- A Series of Unfortunate Events
- That Thing You Do
- I Love You Phillip Morris
- Home Alone (I think the 2nd one is my fave)
- The Santa Clause (the whole series is good)
- Toy Story (series….)
- Kate and Leopold
- Dream for an Insomniac
- Wayne’s World
- Dude, Where’s My Car?
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- The Illusionist
- Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Star Trek (series…the new ones)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (series)
- Rock of Ages
- A Night at the Museum (series)
- Men in Black (series)
- Ocean’s Eleven (series)
- Forrest Gump
Please let me know if there are any movies you think I might like!!
I’ve been noticing lately that a lot of bloggers have been writing posts about blogging, have you noticed this as well? I can not look through the popular posts section on bloglovin on any given day without seeing multiple posts about blogging!!
So, if you are in the mood to read about blogging and possibly gain some new knowledge or learn a few new tips about the subject this is a round-up that will be perfect for you!
On to the posts!
Be sure to bookmark this post if you like it, like it <3 Also, make sure to follow me on Twitter @jennblogs as I tweet out links to these sorts of posts all the dang time!
Let me know if you like this sort of post and perhaps I will do another round-up of blogging related posts in the future!
I got this box of 8 packets of instant cappuccino mix at a local grocery store and I thought I’d post a quick little review of this product for you guys! I paid $3.99 for a box containing 8 servings, so that’s 50 cents per cup which is kinda meh… but I guess it’s a pretty average cost as far as these things go. Although it’s definitely less than buying 8 k-cups, so that’s a good thing!
You simply empty a packet of the cappuccino mix into a cup, add boiling water and stir. Easy! And it does get really creamy or foamy on the top, which is nice. As far as the flavor goes, I’m not a cappuccino expert by any means, I felt it was really bland. I would definitely enjoy this product more if it had more flavor to it; I suppose you could try adding some sort of coffee syrup to it, a caramel syrup might be a nice added touch!
The store had 3 different flavors of Nescafé cappuccino available; mocha, regular, and vanilla. As for my own personal opinion, this product does not have enough flavor to suite my tastes, and I will not be repurchasing it in the future.
As far as my August goals, I did not actually complete even a single one of them. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa… Although I did do really well at accomplishing my blogging goals before that last week of August when I was out of town, so that’s something! If I would have upped my game a little bit and scheduled a few posts to go live while I was away, then I probably would have accomplished all my blogging goals for the month, so it’s not a complete and total failure!
My September Blog Goals:
- Post at least twice a week.*
- Tweet each new post at least 2 different times.*
- Have more unique visits than last month.
My Personal Goals for September:
- Complete at least one goal from my ‘101 in 1001′ list.*
- Try a new recipe or two.*
- Buy myself a pair of boots for Fall.
On My To-Do List:
- Display some new photos in the house.*
- Research and download a video editing program.*
- Make an effort to leave more comments on blogs I read.
- Try to attend all of the Monday #bloggersdoitbetter chats on Twitter.
- Look into using Disqus for my blog commenting system.
* items that were also goals during the previous month.
- Drinking tea.
- Discovering new music through Grooveshark: “Bang Bang” by Jessie J | “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor | “Boom Clap” by Charli XCX | “Black Widow” by Iggy Azalea
- Still loving and regularly attending the #bloggersdoitbetter chats on Twitter! (except for the past few ‘cuz I was out of town visiting relatives!)
- I started watching Orange is the New Black and finished up season 1! I’m currently a few episodes into the second season… no spoilers please!
- I read “The Good Luck of Right Now” by Matthew Quick (author of The Silver Linings Playbook) and would recommend it if you’re looking for a book to read!
- Dragging my feet and forcing myself to finish reading a book that I didn’t even enjoy… Ugh, I should have just stopped reading it and given it up in favor of reading something better!
- Cutting back on the iced coffee. I miss it terribly!
I’ll try to get up a post tomorrow about my September goals and a recap of last month’s goals! Cheers!
If you ever wondered…
Writing down a list of 100+ blog post ideas does not, and will not, make you a better blogger. Simply having a list of topics to write about, does not make you any more likely to actually sit down and write a new blog post. I am proof of this.
If you are wanting to be a better blogger, first you must be willing to actually BLOG… as in, type words and hit publish. This is an act which requires time and effort on your part and does not just magically happen whenever the thought of blogging happens to cross your mind.
Words of wisdom, my friends.